This is predominantly a new business development role specialising in the healthcare sector including dental, medical, veterinary and optical. Supporting the Head of Programmes and the Head of Channel Sales and using your current experience of the sector you will help shape the strategy and future direction of our healthcare vendor vertical. Critically you will be required to identify, penetrate and develop new vendor / reseller partnerships in the healthcare sector in order to sell a range of lending products to their customers in accordance with our credit policy.
Additionally you will be required to provide support and geographical coverage where required to our existing panel of vendor partners outside of the healthcare vertical to ensure the continued growth of our vendor programmes division.
This role is responsible for driving revenue and income in line with quarterly and annual targets. You are expected to properly and proactively manage all accounts / prospects / relationships so as to maximise customer life, renewal and cross-selling opportunities and income creation.
You will be expected to ‘treat customers fairly’ at all times and to adhere to all policies concerning ‘positive customer outcomes’, ‘quality’ and conduct risk management. Additionally, to adhere to the ethos of the Society at all times in how you go about your work.
Success in this role will require the achievement of minimum levels of performance in critical areas such as prospecting activity, behaviour, CRM adoption, customer care, quality as well as sales targets. Each element will be measured, targeted and forms part of the Sales Remuneration Scheme.
Main responsibilities and key activities:
To source, penetrate and onboard new vendor / reseller partners within the healthcare vertical including dental, medical, veterinary and optical, and to deliver:
- New business volume and income as targeted and as set out in your annual Remuneration Scheme.
- Support and geographical coverage where required to our existing panel of vendor partners outside of the healthcare vertical.
- Minimum levels of customer service quality and customer experience, as determined by the Sales Quality Assurance Scheme.
- Minimum levels of input activity as determined appropriate by your line manager/senior sales management.
- Your targeted KPI outcomes as determined by your line manager/senior sales management.
- A portfolio of new vendor / reseller partners within the healthcare vertical including dental, medical, veterinary and optical that can deliver opportunities of suitable size and scale that will deliver scalable origination opportunities and profitable returns.
- A consistent pipeline of new business opportunity from your vendor / reseller partners or through personal networking and/or prospecting activity.
- Lasting, mutually beneficial working relationships with customers, suppliers, advisors and introducers as relevant and appropriate to achieving success in this role.
- Similarly positive relationships with colleagues across the Bank and Society in order to support mutual success at all levels and so as to maximise and leverage group relationships.
Key to this role are:
- Ability to source & develop new relationships through business development activity
- High degrees of personal commitment, focus, application and endeavour
- The development of mutually beneficial working relationships
- The ability to build rapport
- Strong communication skills
- Strong financial analysis and interpretation skills
- Ability to prepare and submit complex credit proposals where appropriate
- A focus on and desire to, deliver customer service excellence and a positive customer experience.
- High degrees of personal planning & organising
Key Competencies (Skills and how the job operates):
You should refer to the Competency Framework: ‘Professional’ for detailed descriptions of the requisite competencies and to ensure you are familiar with the required attributes and how to demonstrate capability:
- Problem solving
- Delivering quality, commercial performance
- Continuous improvement
- Management [of pipeline, opportunities and relationships]
You will be expected to demonstrate and evidence the behaviours required of this role, as per the role-based ‘Wesleyan Core Behaviours’ framework:
- Customer focus
- Delivery of quality results
- Continuous improvement
Additionally, at all times you will be expected to:
- Act as a brand ambassador
- Take responsibility for your own quality, objectives and activity
- Adhere to Society/Bank policies and procedures
- Uphold strong professional standards
- Take responsibility for your own professional development
- Desire and ability to influence and scope the future strategy of our vendor healthcare model
- Specific activity KPIs (‘inputs’) as advised by line management
- Based on individual sales conversion ratios, the origination of sufficient opportunities to develop a pipeline of a commensurate depth versus target.
- Compulsory use of core systems, e.g. CRM and Cordis as mandated by senior management.
Key Skill Requirements:
- Knowledge of and experience in the healthcare sector
- Business development skills
- Experience of asset finance products including hire purchase, lease, loan and managed service contracts
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good PC literacy skills, including Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to build rapport at all levels
- Good personal organisation
- High degrees of personal motivation
- High levels of commitment, endeavour and application
- Desire to continue learning and personally develop
- Ability to take on and employ new concepts
- Ability to identify potential new product needs in the healthcare sector and be able to provide and present a high level overview of the products at board level
- Desire to be successful
- Demonstrable experience and competence in a commercial finance arena, dealing with senior contacts in large customers / prospects, selling complex products, pricing and deal structuring.
- Ability to understand and interpret Statutory Financial and management information
How to apply:
For more information about the role please contact Juana Leacock firstname.lastname@example.org.