This is a commercial sales role which is focussed on the promotion of financial products within the Wesleyan Bank & Syscap commercial lending credit policy. The role is centered on the acquisition of new customers to the business, as well as regaining customers who no longer fund with us.
This role is responsible for driving revenue and income in line with monthly, quarterly and annual targets. You are expected to properly and proactively engage with both Lapsed & Prospect target accounts, and to transact appropriately with these businesses.
You will be expected to ‘treat customers fairly’ at all times and to adhere to all policies concerning ‘fair customer outcomes’, ‘quality’ and conduct risk management. Additionally, to adhere to the ethos of the Society at all times in how you go about your work.
Success in this role will require the achievement of minimum levels of performance in critical areas such as activity, behaviour, CRM adoption, customer care, quality as well as sales targets. Each element will be measured, targeted and forms part of the Sales Remuneration Scheme.
Main responsibilities and key activities:
- New business volume and income as targeted and as set out in your annual Remuneration Scheme.
- Minimum levels of customer service quality and customer experience, as determined by the Sales Quality Assurance Scheme.
- Minimum levels of input activity as determined appropriate by your line manager/senior sales management.
- Your targeted KPI outcomes as determined by your line manager/senior sales management.
- A consistent pipeline of new business opportunity from campaign follow up and prospecting activity.
- Positive relationships with colleagues across the Bank and Society in order to support mutual success at all levels and so as to maximise and leverage group relationships.
Key to this role are:
- High degrees of personal commitment, focus, application and endeavour
- The desire to work within an intense, focussed, sales environment and to be self-motivated in picking up the phone to prospects
- The development of mutually beneficial working relationships
- The ability to build rapport
- Strong communication skills
- A focus on and desire to, deliver customer service excellence and a positive customer experience.
- High degrees of personal planning & organising
Key Competencies (Skills and how the job operates):
You should refer to the Competency Framework: ‘Professional’ for detailed descriptions of the requisite competencies and to ensure you are familiar with the required attributes and how to demonstrate capability:
- Problem solving
- Delivering quality, commercial performance
- Continuous improvement
- Management [of pipeline, opportunities and relationships]
You will be expected to demonstrate and evidence the behaviours required of this role, as per the role-based ‘Wesleyan Core Behaviours’ framework:
- Customer focus
- Delivery of quality results
- Continuous improvement
Additionally, at all times you will be expected to:
- Act as a brand ambassador
- Take responsibility for your own quality, objectives and activity
- Adhere to Society/Bank policies and procedures
- Uphold strong professional standards
- Take responsibility for your own professional development
- A ‘group pool’ of unallocated prospect and lapsed customers, which will be engaged with during seasonal periods and on a monthly basis to follow up marketing driven campaigns.
- Specific activity KPIs (‘inputs’) as advised by line management
- Based on individual sales conversion ratios, the origination of sufficient opportunities to develop a pipeline of a commensurate depth versus target.
- Compulsory use of core systems, e.g. CRM and Cordis as mandated by senior management.
Key Skill Requirements:
- Good numeracy and literacy skills
- Good PC literacy skills, including Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to build rapport at all levels
- Good personal organisation
- High degrees of personal motivation
- High levels of commitment, endeavour and application
- Desire to continue learning and personally develop
- Ability to take on and employ new concepts
- Desire to be successful
- Prior telesales experience helpful but not essential
How to apply:
For more information about the role please contact Juana Leacock at email@example.com